Saturday 22 October 2016

FRAGILE X AWKWARDNESS

Having Fragile X comes with its difficulties feeling awkward is one of them well for me anyway I thought I would share where I feel out of place and awkward.

 If you relate to any of this post, then please leave a comment and I'll reply :)

Posh Restaurants/Out My Comfort Zone
Going to these sorts of places or places you have to wear fancy clothes such as Jamie's Italian I feel so out of place, very awkward and uncomfortable. These places aren't for me, and I always dread going because I feel like I'm being judged. When I went for afternoon tea at the Barn Brasserie, I didn't really enjoy it because I'm not posh and I felt so awkward and out my comfort zone.

Shopping
When I go into a clothes shop where there's girl assistants (who wear way too much makeup) I feel like I'm being judged whether I buy something or not and I feel so out of place like I'm not meant to be there. They keep looking at me and I feel uneasy being in there or when I pay for something I feel like that.

Parties My Worst Nightmare/Pubs/Clubs
I've never been into parties or sitting in the pub for that matter they've never been my thing and I try to avoid them as much as possible. I feel out of place and because I don't drink, I always feel like people are judging me. I really don't like being around people who do drink I'm not the most sociable person anyway, so parties aren't my thing and I very rarely get invited to any which is fine by me.

Meeting New People
I've never been a good at this, but I have improved since volunteering and having Xmas jobs but overall, I sometimes still find it hard meeting people. I'm quite shy and withdrawn so I tend to not say a lot, or I fiddle with my hands or bite my nails (which I haven't in a while since getting them done professionally).

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33