Monday 13 February 2017

LET'S CHAT ABOUT: RELATIONSHIPS

School And College
I wasn't one of these girls to get a boyfriend through school like most of my friends did I hated school and didn't really feel like I fitted in. I was shy, quiet and I got bullied a lot but when I went to college, I met my first boyfriend at 18 and at the time I was happy. I guess I got caught up in the whole I've got a boyfriend now but didn't really know how to go about it if that makes sense? It didn't last, we never really saw each other and mostly spoke on msn and that's how he dumped me.

Online Dating
I have joined other online dating apps in the past such as Tinder, but I never found anyone on them or most just wanted sex.... anyway, I met my 2nd online on a site called Meetme I can't remember the year; he lived in London, and I live in Essex, so it wasn't really ideal. I was so happy and thought I'd found the one but again it didn't last long, and he dumped me by text yes text message. I wasn't ready for sex and that's why it ended. The relationship itself was just shit we never really spent time together and when we did it was always with his friends it just felt like he didn't care (he probably didn't). I have learnt so much from it this relationship it made me feel out of place and really awkward like I couldn't be myself.

Work/Volunteering
I met my last boyfriend at volunteering in 2013 and we got together in 2014 we spent as much time together as possible the first few months were good. After we'd been together a year, he ended it which was so unexpected. We did so many things together and I was very happy with him, but it just didn't work out how I wanted. If I'm honest I did feel awkward sometimes when we used to see each other at volunteering I never really spoke to him or kissed him in front of people, I think I was worried about being judged or doing something wrong. I sometimes see him in town, but he doesn't speak.

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. You're so awesome to not give in to the pressure of sex in a relationship! Its really difficult to not give into pressure so well done for staying strong in your decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)I'm glad I shared my thoughts I hope it helps others.

      Delete

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33