Tuesday 20 March 2018

CYO MAKE UP REVIEW

Ever since I was aware that there was a new make up range out I knew I had to try it, well after I found out Seventeen are being discontinued sad face :(. They suggested a mascara by CYO so I did my research and I finally found the range in a London boots store on Oxford Street.

If you've not heard of this range before here are some important facts:
1.They don't test on animals or use animal ingredients
2.CYO stands for create,colour,call it your own let's make it up together.
3.The range is reasonably priced.


Long Lasting Foundation Lifeproof in 102
This foundation goes on well,gives a nice smooth coverage and doesn't look cakey. I got the 2nd lightest shade in 102. It is difficult to really know what shade to get but I do try and a get a light-ish shade not too dark. I like the feel of it and it lasts all day which is what you want! it cost £7.50 which is pretty reasonable if you're on  a budget/just starting using makeup. I use 1-2 pumps and either use a beauty blender or a foundation brush to blend.

Meet Your Matte Face Powder in Fair
I normally use the rimmel wake me up face powder which is still a favourite but I thought I'd try the cyo one. I got this in the lightest shade which is fair as that's the right shade for my skintone I never get the next one up. This powder feels nice,gives a nice coverage and again doesn't look cakey! it also lasts all day.

Shimmer Eyeshadow in This is Fantasy 
If I'm honest I wasn't too keen on this eyeshadow it didn't seem to on as well as others and it took some blending!. I like the shade as I normally buy brown/bronze shades but this one I just didn't like.It cost £4.50 which I think is a lot for one little eyeshadow! when you can get a whole palette for the same price!.

Volume Mascara The Thick of It in Black
My go to mascara is the seventeen blackest black in the yellow tube but seventeen is being discontinued but I don't know when. I read it on there instagram a while ago now but it's still in boots. Anyway I thought I'd try this cyo mascara I'm a bit fussy when it comes to mascaras anyone else like that? I like the brush on this one it's my sort of brush,it goes on well and gives long lashes.





Thanks for reading and let me know if you've tried this range.


















4 comments:

  1. I've just recently bought the foundation to try as I've heard it's really good for people with dry skin! The rest of the products look really good and cannot wait to start playing around with more CYO products.

    Heather xo | http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :) that's good to know because sometimes its hard to find the right products. I hope to try more of the range such as the concealer.

      Delete
  2. Been to Boots today looking for 'Seventeen' - was told by the No.7 assistant that CYO is the replacement for SEVENTEEN

    ReplyDelete

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33