Saturday 17 June 2017

SUFFERING WITH TRAVEL SICKNESS

*DISCLAIMER PLEASE DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T LIKE SICK*

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!


I wasn't going to share a post on this but I thought I would to see if anyone else relates to me, so like I said above please don't read this if you have a phobia of sick.

For as long as I can remember I've always suffered with travel sickness and so I don't really go away much because of it. I remember one time we were going away and we'd only gone up the road and I was sick!, I do take travel pills and I think they work more or less every time I take them but they do make your mouth dry. I'm ok if I take pills, I'm looking forwards and can see out the window

I start to feel funny if I'm in a car in the back going round country lanes and I cant look down either, I'm also terrible on a boat/ferry, coach and if I'm on a train backwards (like recently when I went to Edinburgh). I can't tell you if I get sick on a plane because I've never been on one but to be honest I don't think I'd like it. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to be sick and then I'm not or I am, I feel overheated and my head feels funny.

I don't like being sick its horrible and I feel embarrassed if I'm on public transport and people are watching/looking/making judgement (I bet they do) I wish I didn't get it so I could travel more but unfortunately I can't. I do take pills the night before if I'm going on a long trip or I take them when I wake up and hope they work.

Thanks for reading


2 comments:

  1. I get travel sickness so I completely relate! It helps to take travel sickness pills and not to do anything that requires me taking my full attention off the road/direction we are travelling like reading.

    Meg x | the-writeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone relates to me! not that having travel sickness is great :( same with me I'm better when I'm face forwarding and looking out the window

      Delete

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33