Friday 9 March 2018

JOB INTERVIEWS

Job interviews are so hard these days so I thought I would share my experiences and general thoughts.

The thing with job interviews is that you have to be this confident, outgoing person which I'm not and it's all for a job in a shop (or whatever job you're going for) on minimum wage. Why should we change ourselves just for a job we probably don't really want but need the money?

I do find it harder because I have Fragile X Syndrome which is a learning disability where I find things such as answering questions difficult. I can come across as shy/quiet, but I still think it's unfair to not be considered for a job based on personality.

I can't be someone else that's not me anyone else feel like that? job hunting has changed a lot of to be honest it seems a lot more difficult to even get a job these days because you need at least 10 years experiences, a car, a degree lol etc.

I've never had a permanent job in my whole 27 years :O yes, I know I'm shocked to! I've only had Xmas jobs or temp ones which I hate both. They're not fair you get all the crappy hours and days and then when it's over they get rid of you.

Interviews have never been my strong point and I just hate going to them because they ask such hard questions, and I don't know how to answer. I can do the job, but I think it's how I come across but like I said I'm not changing myself. I know I'm not the most confident person in the world and I have gained some, but I still find things hard. I do think it's unfair these days with applying for jobs.

I had an interview on Wednesday and I got so stuck on most of the questions, and I just know I won't get it, he kept going on about one question about fitting rooms with how you would do that, and I really didn't know the answers. It was hard and I hate interviews, I know it's experience, but I still struggle. Even if I didn't have Fragile X syndrome I'd probably still struggle.


Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33