Thursday 13 June 2019

BEING 28 AND HAVING FRAGILE X SYNDROME

I haven't published in a while due to no ideas or inspiration and to be honest I still don't really have any but today I thought I'd try and write an update to my previous post linked below on being 25 and having Fragile X which I wrote in 2016.

Job Hunting
I am still looking for a job which I didn't think I'd be saying but here I am! sometimes I hate it and sometimes I don't, but it hasn't been easy. I don't get much help from the jobcentre they either try to put me on things that are hard to get to or find jobs that I don't want to do. I've been going to the jobcentre on and off since I left college and having a few jobs in between. I try my best but applying for jobs is draining and it isn't nice when you get rejections, or you get rejected before you've even sent the application. I also hate that some companies have questionnaires as a way of applying which isn't fair at all and gives you no idea of the person! I'm looking at you Boots, Next and Lidl if there's any more than do tell me. A lot of companies seem to make a simple job sound so complicated and it's ridiculous because they're always advertising so why not just take me on! I know what I'm doing.

Volunteering
I quit volunteering last year as I wanted to concentrate on finding a job but as that hasn't really turned out I decided to go back one day a week. I wasn't planning to as I have been there 8 years now which is a LONG time to be in a UNPAID job, I really thought I'd have one by now. It does help to get out the house to see people, but I really want a paid job.

Everyday Life
I do struggle with some things such a maths not that I do any only with a calculator and meeting people. I sometimes feel under pressure for example from the jobcentre to do things or they just put me on things without asking. It makes me feel anxious and worried because I don't feel comfortable doing these things. They need to be more understanding of people with disabilities.

My Other Post
https://sarahbobbeal.blogspot.com/2016/08/being-25-and-having-fragile-x.html

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33