Saturday 28 April 2018

FRAGILE X SYNDROME Q&A

I thought this post would be a good idea, well I still think it is but no one asked any questions which is annoying because I thought people would want to help. Anyway, I'm still going to post it because it's important.

1.How do you cope with having Fragile x?
I cope in different ways so for example I get upset easily or I bite my nails when I'm anxious or nervous.

2.Do you find being sociable hard?
Yes, because meeting new people is hard, and I always feel nervous and anxious.

3.How old were you when you were diagnosed?
I believe I was 8.

4.What do you find most difficult?
Meeting people, maths, job interviews, finding a job etc.

5.How was school/college?
School wasn't a good time for me I was bullied a lot and college was ok, I made friends (who aren't my friends now) but I was picked on by 2 girls one was someone I went to school with.

6.How has finding a job been?
VERY hard and it still is the jobcentre are useless and don't know what to do with people.

7.How did you get into volunteering and how did it help?
I got my volunteering role through Mencap back in 2010 I think, and I've been there for 7 years. It's really helped me come out my shell and my manager helped a lot (he's since left sad face) he was the best manager and I miss him a lot.

8.How do you cope in difficult situations?
It depends on what is it but sometimes I cry, get frustrated and angry.

9.How do you find interviews?
Very hard the questions are sometimes difficult to answer, and I get stuck. I just wish they didn't ask such stupid questions and just give me a chance.

10.what's your advice for someone else who has Fragile x?
Don't give up! you can achieve anything you put your mind to and don't let anyone tell you different.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33