Friday 18 May 2018

MY BLOGGING JOURNEY

I thought I would share my blogging thoughts/ journey and how it's been since I decided to make a blog back in 2014 while I was unemployed.

So in 2014 I randomly came across Louise Pentland and Zoella blogs and I thought I would give it a try (btw I'm not a fan of Zoella anymore). I was pretty new to the blogging world and well I still am but I do think I've learnt more as time goes on. I began writing posts on makeup and lush products, then I started sharing my disability Fragile X which are popular posts.

Then I came across YouTube videos and started watching them as well and I always thought I would give it a try but I haven't. I still think about making them but I'm not confident enough. I started watching bigger YouTubers such as Zoella, Louise Pentland, Tanya Burr etc but then I lost interest in them (I do still watch Louise) as it is kinda hard to relate to them when they go here there and everywhere and share things that most can't afford.

Anyway ever since I made a blog I've reached some goals such as 20,000 to 40,000 views which I am so glad about! I didn't think I'd get that many. My next goal is 50,000 and I am nearly there!. That brings me onto other goals I made a Facebook page for my blog as I thought it would be a good idea and while it has it's pros it also has cons. I currently have 80 likes which is all well good but I am trying to get to 100 but the thing is NO ONE will help and I mean NO ONE they won't share it or like it if they haven't already (there are a few who like my posts but not my page I know who you are).

The blogging world is supposedly meant to be supportive but what I've found is that it's not. I don't get help with reaching goals, I do help others but I've started to stop because no one will return the favour. I also find it hard to get blogging followers because I get readers or I think I do? I don't get a lot of comments either. I don't even know why people follow me? I never really talk to any of them or when I have done they ignore me.

I sometimes find it disheartening when I want to reach goals but I don't know what else I can do other than keep sharing. While people might find that annoying I don't think I'll stop because if people actually helped then maybe I wouldn't have to share it so much. I've not made friends from blogging either because 1. I find it hard and 2. most already have there little gangs and I would feel awkward if I tried to talk to them.

I try my best and I do enjoy blogging, finding ideas and sharing them but sometimes I do feel like giving up with it. I just don't think I'm getting anywhere but then again I like doing my blog. I also try not to compare myself to others but that can be hard too.
.
I know it's hard to grow any social media site but I still thought people would help me but they don't. I'm still like everyone else I still have goals I'd like to achieve. I don't know what else I can do? I know things won't happen over night but I still enjoy blogging and it's still my favourite hobby. So I'm just going to carry on and hope I can achieve some of my goals.



If you're a nice human then I'd be really happy if you gave my Facebook page like

Here's my other social media as well.
Instagram:

Twitter:

Blog:


I know this post isn't very positive like my usual ones but I just wanted to write my thoughts down.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33