Wednesday 4 July 2018

A CHAT

Lately I've been feeling lost with life I'm still unemployed and to be honest that's not going well there's not really any suitable jobs and when I do apply I get no response because there's so many others applying. I'm just going round in a circle and I can't get out of it I don't know what I want to do job wise but I just feel lost and stuck with it all and I don't know who to talk to. I've been looking since Christmas 2017 and in that time I've had probably 2 interviews.

I'm fed up of volunteering now (been there 7 years) it's the same old stuff, people, etc and I'm just not interested it in anymore. I am thinking of quitting soon and doing something else because I think it's time for a change. I want to meet people my age and make friends.

The jobcentre are useless and I hate going there it's a waste of time they don't know what to do with everyone and it's just pointless. Everything is just tedious now and I need other things to do and I want to meet people my age. I feel like at 27 I should be in employment, moved out, in a relationship etc but none of that has happened and I just feel very lost with it all. I don't want to be in this position for long because it's frustrating and I need to figure things out.

Everyone is achieving things and I'm still in the same place going nowhere it's so hard to get a job these days because they're all crappy hours and not worth doing when you get buses. There are too many other people applying for the same jobs and the ones with more experience get noticed and I don't but I don't know how I'm meant to get more experience if no one will give me chance?. I don't think anyone understands how I feel and just expects me to keep doing the same old crap and I'm fed up with it. I'm going to see if I can chat to someone about things.

I will keep you updated with what's happening. In the meantime if you have any advice or know where I can get more help with job hunting then let me know.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, but you're not alone. I know how much it sucks being unemployed, and I used to dread the visits to the jobcentre too, so unhelpful. Have you tried contacting the National Careers Service? They offer free advice. Not sure where you are in the UK but my local library offers free appointments with career advisor and info on volunteering too. Hang in there, I hope things get better for you soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for your comment :). I have done a skills test thing on the career service website but I didn't really get anything from it but I might try and ask for some advice and see what they say. I did contact my local college and I was going to do a course but then my jobcentre advisor suggested something else but then that didn't work out. So I'm back to square one. but I do hope things get better soon.

      Delete

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33