Tuesday 3 July 2018

LET'S CHAT ABOUT: MAKING FRIENDS

Making friends has always been tough for me but it also might be for you as well so as part of my let's chat series I thought I'd chat about making friends. Let me know your experiences in the comments below I always reply.

I'm not the most sociable person and making friends for me is really hard but once I get to know someone I talk more. When I first meet someone I don't talk first, I wait for them to talk but sometimes it doesn't happen. I find it hard to straight up start a conversation I struggled at school and college to make friends because I'm shy, quiet and withdrawn and I don't have a lot of confidence so I guess they're a barrier.

I've since had jobs but not really made friends my time at Sainsbury's/M&S were ok but no one really talked to me and then when I was at B&M I did talk to a few people but not many talked to me and I didn't like the managers there either.

I'm not one to go out drinking or sit in the pub because I don't drink and I'm not a fan of going to pubs (well only if there's food! haha) I do like going out to places with my family but I do wonder if they worry about me not really having friends? At school and college I had friends but now I don't have contact with any of them.

I thought I'd make some through my jobs but I haven't, I also still volunteer and have made friends but they're not my age. I did date a guy there back in 2014/15 but we broke up and aren't friends now he doesn't work there anymore so I don't really see him.

Do you find it easy or hard to make friends?

Let me know in the comments below

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I get what you mean about finding it hard to make friends, I'm terrible at small talk and pretty socially awkward! But once you find someone you have something in common with its easier to make a connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your comment :) I agree it is hard when you're socially awkward. Yeah that's true it does help a bit if you have a few things in common.

      Delete

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33