Wednesday 12 September 2018

WHY I VOLUNTEER IN A CHARITY SHOP

As everyone knows I've been volunteering for the past 7 years now and I thought I'd share why I volunteer and why I'm still there! When I started volunteering in 2010 I was very shy, withdrawn and quiet but with help from my then manager Brad (he's since left) huge sad face :( he got me out my shell I gained confidence in myself. I am now a chatty girl who never shuts up! haha it has helped me in a lot of ways. I didn't think I'd still be there today but unfortunately things haven't gone how I thought they would but I guess it's not a bad thing because I find good things to buy and meet people.


White Stuff Shorts (brand new!)
I volunteer because it gets me out the house for a few hours twice a week while finding a job (well trying to anyway) I also meet and talk to people which has helped me gain confidence and be less shy. I volunteer because I find some good bargains, you never know what people are going to donate so that's one reason I can't leave. I do hope I find a job soon and that things will change for me because I do get fed up with things but I am trying to be positive and hopeful that something will turn up. 
Yellow Jumper I like bright colours

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33