Monday 12 November 2018

A LIFE UPDATE

I thought it was about time I sat down and wrote a life update as there's been a lot happening! it's going to be long so grab a drink/snacks!.




Job Hunting.
I've been struggling but I am getting more help from the jobcentre which I hope does give me ideas but they're not that helpful. I haven't had any interviews for a while but I did have one for a shoe shop last week which I didn't get. I've been applying for what I can but sometimes I don't even hear back which can be annoying. My CV has been updated and I do get the odd interview but I find them so hard and most of the time I get a no or don't get a reply. It does feel like a waste of time sometimes when I go to an interview and never hear back. I generally am trying my best here and I am positive about things (well sometimes!)

Courses.
I've recently been on a confidence course which went well and I think it helped me to meet new people and talk to them. I'm also getting one 2 one help at the same place which is going ok at the moment and I'm also getting more help from the jobcentre which I mentioned above. I am trying to take as much help as I can while it's there because it might not be for much longer! I've also started a employability confidence course at first stop.

Volunteering Break.
I decided to take a break from volunteering for now as I am doing other things and I want to concentrate om finding a job. If I'm honest I am getting fed up with it now I've been there 7 years and it's along time to be in a unpaid job. I didn't think I'd be there this long but things haven't worked out how I thought they would. I think it's time for a change now and I am going to continue doing all I can to find employment.

Blogging.
My blog is doing well! I've got to over 50,000 views and I can't quite believe that! it still blows my mind. I don't have a huge following at the moment but I do hope to grow it. I'm super proud of my blog right now and I hope to make it into something!. I would like to buy a domain one day and go self hosted but I don't really understand how but right now I'm happy with my blog. I would also like to work with brands/PR people but I'm still new to that part so maybe one day!.


Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33