Monday 31 December 2018

MY 2018

Another year has flown by and I really can't believe it's going so fast please slow down! it's actually quite scary. Anyway here is my yearly round up post some good times and some bad but still has been an okay year.

January
Not much happened apart from it was Brad's last day on the 27th at volunteering I still miss him :( I was still job hunting didn't have any interviews this month though. I also saw the Greatest Showman and the Darkest Hour films which were both good. Everyone at volunteering had a last meal with Brad before he started his new job.








February
Me and my mum went to Madame Tussauds in London we collected the free sun tickets! it's worth doing!. It was ok but some of the people don't really look like who they were meant to. The tickets were worth £70! so £35 each which is ridiculous! so I recommend collecting them. We also went to the clink prison (again) and the natural history museum as we had some time. I had an interview at the works but I never heard back (very annoying). My sister, my mum and I had afternoon tea at Ickworth house but we were very disappointed so my sister complained and they gave her a free one. I had another interview at Thornton's which I didn't get (you probably guessed that) I had to do some writing icing and approach customers both were hard!. Our new bathroom also got started which was good because it needed doing and it's very nice now we have a shower!.








March
I had interview at Primark I've had a few there now but never get passed the interview stage they always asked hard questions and I got stuck. I had to buy a new laptop because the one I had was pants! it was a HP one but didn't have enough storage so I couldn't update it or anything. I bought a Acer one which is better!.







April
It was my mums birthday and also my sister moved out so then me and my parents swapped rooms because me and my sister had the bigger one!. I now have my own room which is great!. Not much else happened in this month.



May
This month was good! as you can tell I've written a lot! anyway I used to have gel nails which last about 3 weeks but I stopped getting them done this month because they got infected and they always went funny. I also stopped because they got really expensive and I wasn't happy with them. Ever since I've stopped my nails have been better which is good! I don't paint them with normal nail varnish because I'm impatient!. We went to the Bocking Mayday Fayre with friends and I won a raffle prize of Soap and Glory body milk. It was also very hot!, I got sunburn which was painful. We went on our relatives old bus to Felixstowe which is good it's a nice day out to the seaside!. Me and my mum went to Center Parcs in Thetford for a few days which was good and I am glad I've been but it's so expensive!. Me and my mum also went to London to see the play witness for the prosecution which was good! my sister was meant to go but she had moved out by then so she couldn't go. One last thing I saw a tweet someone had retweeted from the Soap and Glory PR team and I replied on the of chance thinking oh they won't reply to me but they did! even I didn't really know what it was but then come June I received my first blogger mail! and it was a face mask.






June
Me and my mum collected the sun free tickets for Shrek Adventure but we weren't impressed with this one. Some of it made us feel claustrophobic and we didn't really get it. We've been now and it was free! but these places are so expensive to get into and I don't think this one was worth it. I went to Ikea with my sister (I hate that shop!), then when it came to putting my chair together we had the wrong one! my parents didn't want to go back and my sister didn't have any time left so I wasn't sure what we were going to do. I got sent a face mask from Soap and Glory my first blogger mail/PR package!.



July
It was my sister's birthday, me and my mum returned to Ikea to get the right chair parts on the bus which I don't recommend! it was so hot but we got there and have the right parts!.





August
Me and my mum went to see the film Mamma Mia here we go again which was good but not as good as the first one!. I had a body shop interview/shop floor trial which was hard because I struggle with going up to people. I also had an interview at Sainsbury's where in live and I still didn't get a job! so ridiculous!. I saw the new Christopher Robin film with my mum which was so cute!. I got another package from Soap and Glory and this time it was a box of skincare which I did a review on if you
haven't seen.




September
I started at First stop doing a confidence course which helped me I wrote about on my blog if you want to read it. I also started one 2 one help to give me some support and advice on jobs etc. I also signed up to something at the jobcentre but I didn't find that helpful at all.





October
It was blogtober and I managed to post content in the whole of October! (31 days) I'm so proud!. I started doing a employability confidence course at first stop after the confidence one finished. I stopped going volunteering for a while because of all the courses I was doing but if I am honest I am fed up with it now.

November
I got my eyes tested and got new glasses which I love!. I had a interview at shoe zone but didn't get that I mean it's only selling shoes but ok!. I had another interview at QD where I live which surprise surprise I didn't get it was the same crummy response. I was kindly sent another PR package from Soap and Glory (this still blows my mind!) and this time it was makeup I gave one to my sister and my mum. It was also 8 years volunteering! I can't believe I've there that long but I feel like I need to do something else now.





December
It was the Fragile X Syndrome Christmas meal at Prezzo which was good. I was also in the Christmas edition of the Fragile X Syndrome newsletter taking about my blog I've been in it a few times now which I am super proud of!. I turned 28! how did that happen?! and we went out for lunch at the little book café in my town,then had party food in the evening and watched the muppet Christmas carol. I had a good birthday got some nice cards and presents I was very lucky!. I also decided to quit volunteering after 8 years but I wrote a blog post on that if you want to read it. Christmas was good it was me, my mum, dad, grandad and my godfather for dinner and then my sister and her bf came round on boxing day for bubble and squeak!. We then went to see my other nan and uncle on the Thursday to exchange presents I had some nice things and I am very thankful. I don't do anything for new year I'm not a fan of drinking anyway and I'll probably be in bed by 9pm LOL!.




How has your year been? let me know in the comments!

Thank you for reading my blog throughout 2018 and
I'll be back in 2019 with new content.

Happy New Year!.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33