Saturday 15 December 2018

WHY I'VE QUIT VOLUNTEERING


After 8 years yes that long! volunteering at Each (East Anglia's Children's Hospice) I have decided to quit and go onto something new. I didn't think I would've been in unpaid role for this long and I feel that it's definitely time to go on to other things. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2019 has on offer.

I took a break in October because I was starting some courses and things were getting a bit much but since then I had been thinking about whether to go back. My courses have now finished and I've got some ideas on what I could do next such as still volunteering but not a charity shop.

Being at volunteering has helped me in a lot of ways with gaining more confidence, coming out my shell and being less shy. I'm thankful for the time I had there, the people I met, and my previous manager Brad for helping me most come out my shell. I believe I have made the right decision for myself and I am looking forward to what's next.

I will be back in the new year with updates so be sure to stick around for them.

Thanks for reading.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33