Sunday 10 October 2021

FRAGILE X AWARENESS DAY 2021

Today is Fragile X awareness day here are some facts about it and how it effects me. Please feel free to share this blog post to make more people aware of Fragile X.
About Me
I'm 30, I am currently unemployed and really keen to find paid employment I have struggled with finding a job since I left school/college. I have done volunteering in a charity shop which helped me come out my shell and I currently volunteer at the Empire Theatre which is helping me meet people. I find giving eye contact hard, I can be shy and I find maths hard but that's not important! I can also be anxious and I find it hard to start a conversation and I can be sensitive.
  • Fragile X is an inherited learning disability
  • We don't like maths
  • It's found in 4,000 males and about one in every 8,000 females.
  • We avoid eye contact
  • We get anxious in social situations
  • Fragile X affects everyone differently
  • Fragile X is the most common known inherited cause of learning disabilities yet so often goes undiagnosed
  •  1 in 250 females and 1 in 600 males are carriers of the Fragile X permutation
  •  Fragile X is an inherited condition characterised by a change to a gene on the X chromosome
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE WITH FRAGILE X SYNDROME AGE 33